Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrophoneMic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew115 View Post
Wonder what the dynos will say. If that hp and tq figure is 10+% less on the rolling road and the weight is correct I don't think it will be close to the new M down the strip.
To be honest, I'm more interested in the consistency of the NA V8. IME, you lose something in the drive with turbos and they also tend to bog down at higher RPM's. As a result, pulling on the highway or any speeds where you're actually moving take a hit with forced induction when you really get on it.

And it just doesn't feel quite the same as NA car. The performance of the car is just more balanced/consistent and overall just more enjoyable to drive when you forgo turbos.

Which is the same impression I see many folks here when comparing their E92 M3's versus the current M3/M4's. And regardless, 40+ more hp versus the M3/M4 is significant. You just can't ignore that.
You raise very good points. NA design is very responsive and a great engine by all accounts. Unfortunately with emissions and efficiency initiatives turbos are in and I am okay with that.

I am less impressed by hp, tq is where it's at. Let's see the dynos maybe it won't have 40 more more on par with the M3/4 is my estimation.
Appreciate 0