United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, 2010 135i, 2004 WRX

Garage List
2010 135i  [6.00]
2004 WRX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There are workshops for the media with the new M3 and M4 with the media even getting rides only in the new car with the drivers from DTM.

In a way similar to the BMWi ride along.
So although the only finished car there is the M4 Concept Car the rest are still disguised prototypes.

Bimmerpost's South is there.

Most of you will never drive at the top speed of their M3 or M4 and only a minority will track the car. Everything is not about speed , that is why the outgoing M3 remained at the top. It was that level of precision that made the car memorable.
And as I mentioned before, when the standard chassis is transformed into an M it has to be outstanding or else you get the Audi RS 5 which for an M3 rival , sure it has the numbers but still retains the abysmal carry overs from the A5.

The new M3 and M4 focus on precision but take it to a new level thanks to weight reduction, Reducing weight and engineering precision is more important to BMW M than prolonging the Horse Power war. We lost that but became much better at other things, the important things , the things people want when they get behind the wheel of an M3. And now the new icon for BMW M. The BMW M4.

The BMW M3 Coupe is Dead. Get ready for the new BMW M4.
This should be a good indication of limp mode problems. I know the DTM drivers will be pushing the car thus heating the turbos and testing the cooling system the new M3/4 has. South hopefully will be able to report on whether cars are being swapped, if cars are parked for an extended period for cool down, etc. Great news Scott. As for BMW and the "horse power war" unfortunately we will be beating that horse until people actually test drive the car themselves.