View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #43
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Two stories:

Story one - I was 19 and headed to work one moring. I was running late and was speeding, not excessively but was speeding. I pass an officer who then turned around to pursue. As soon as I saw him turn around I took a left at an intersection and saw him speeding up to to catch me and do the same. What happened next can only be explained as a figure eight around the next two blocks and then a a reverse figure eight to end up at the same intersection again. Completely lost the guy and made it to work on time.

Story two - Again on my way to work with 1.5 hour commute. On a state highway and encounter a college student in a 328i, I'm in a 2011 IS350. I'm trying to get to work, not running late but definitely not wanting to race on the stretch of road that we are on as it stays infested with state police. The kid in the 328i stayed right beside me. If I slowed down, he slowed down, I speed up, he sped up. It got old really quickly. When I finally had the opening in traffic, I floored the Lexus and got around around a few vehicles to get away from that kid. As soon as I let off the accelerator I see a state trooper, look down and I'm doing 120......it's a 55 mph zone. He hit his lights and I immediately pull over. The trooper was extremely cool. I explained the situation, he still wrote me a ticket but wrote it for 80 in a 65. He could have simply taken my license and taken me to jail. The next week I called the court clerk in the small town I was clocked in to settle up, $87.50. I got off very easy in this situation. Consider myself extremely lucky. In the 3 years I had that Lexus, I had been pulled over countless times for speeding but was let go with a warning or traffic school every time for the exception of this one. Laughably, the traffic school cop asked me the last time I was in there if I wanted to teach the class this time.
Appreciate 0