View Single Post
      06-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #34
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacht3 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big PDK fan (I specced my GT3 with a PDK instead of manual, sacrilege right?) But I think people over-estimate the difference it truly makes vs. a manual in the hands of an experienced driver. Want proof? Randy Probst did a Head2Head with the manual and PDK cars and the difference was literally a fraction of a second. Granted a mere mortal like myself is definitely faster with a PDK

Attachment 2081603

Yes they made "more" GT3RS this last round...but "more" was still only 1,756 in North America for the 991.2 (it's a pretty accurate number based on VIN data, big Rennlist thread on this). I would be shocked if they don't make close to 2x that number of GT4s this time around.
I got my Carrera T in PDK so I am right there with you! I was going off of Porsche data on the non GT cars where they said PDK was worth that over manual on the Ring (google search will find it but don’t have it handy). I agree it’s a smaller difference on a smaller course.

I was speaking to the 991.1 GT3RS where they made 5,000 RS cars worldwide. My guess is they won’t make that many GT4 or Spyders (separately). I’d guess max of 3,000 of each. I’m waiting to see if I have an allocation for a 718 GT4. I loved my 718 CGTS and know the GT4 and Spyder will be something else.
Appreciate 0