01-15-2020, 01:41 PM   #36
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
I was in the same boat I guess in that the 458 and gt3rs are both low displacement high revving motors. I went with the F80 though because it was different and can fill in where the 458 lacks (mainly torque and a manual). Thought about an E92.. but didn't make sense to have two very similar engines.

btw in regard to the steering... did you try coding the CS or GTS electronic power steering onto your M4? Even with the new 911s the steering is all electronic, there is no physical connection of the steering wheel to the road surface. Porsche just does the electronic coding better than BMW.

I do agree the f80 is the better daily. the E92 is the better weekend car and what I would pick if I was limited to just one car.
Yes very similar to the 458. Both 9k rpm screamers. But 4.0L on a 6 cylinder is pretty high displacement haha. I totally hear your points and think the f80 was the right choice for you. Good combo for sure.

Yes i had GTS steering coded. Also ran 295 tires up front and 315 in the rear. Had camber plates, coilovers, and other suspension pieces and just could never get the steering feel correct. I ran it in comfort steering, sport throttle and full dsc off and found that to be the most fun. Porsche does everything better than bmw haha.