03-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #97
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
I would love to do a ED, but I am a bit intimidated since I don't speak German. I like leasing since it's a write off for me. So over the 3 years I'll save about $9k, not bad considering I'm only paying $4k in finance cost. That and the added benefit of freeing my capital.

From what I understand, so many Europeans speak English, it won't matter. You probably just need to learn a few common phrases. I have not heard of anyone on this forum having difficulty because the can't speak German. Everyone connected with BMW that you will speak to knows English. Don't let that stop you from doing ED.

FYI I don't speak a word of German and I'm doing ED this summer.

This allocation thing is new to me. I didn't know that dealers are limited by BMW allocations. I would think they want to sell as many cars as they can. So are there times when BMW does not stipulate that ED come out of dealer allocations? And what time of the year are allocations not tight? I checked with a local dealer today and they said they usually sell the ED at 2k above invoice.
2K above ED invoice is a good deal in So Cal. You might be able to do a little better but it may not be worth it. BMW has a proprietary formula based on various metrics that determine how many and what type of cars a dealer gets. Most dealers have a decent idea of how many of each car they get per month but it can vary. I think BMW tells dealers their allocations about 3 months in advance.

BMW will most likely remove M cars from restricted lists if the sales start to slow enough. Not happening right now.
Appreciate 1