View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
tenblade2001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 White/Red 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP87 View Post
Hey, I made the switch from F83 to F82. The below is a copy and paste job from this post discussing the same: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1622586

I originally had an F83, but certainly felt the slightest twist of the chassis quite often on the non-compliant back roads we have here in the UK. Was great for the few months of sunshine we get, and the sound of opening up the engine was so much more visceral.

However I was quite surprised at how quickly dust and dirt built up in the interior. If you're in London (like me), the air quality is crap, especially when sitting around in traffic as in most cities, thus would somewhat further diminish the convertible experience.

Regarding some comments about the difference in seats - thinking back the F83 were more comfortable, but less adept in keeping you in place when really pushing it, whether on track or on the road.

Ended up taking an F82 for an extended test drive, which felt so much more solid and planted on the road. Slight noticeable difference in power, but ultimately the additional rigidity of the chassis was the contributing factor- I made the switch just over a year after purchasing the F83, and haven't looked back ever since!
Funny, I read your thread. It turned into the "vert is slower" argument, which isn't really important to me, since I won't be tracking the car. I was wondering if any of the vert owners, who switched to coupe regretted their decision or couldn't live the coupe.
Appreciate 0