x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
So I've settled on using the Brey Krause mounts. These require a bit of DIY and cannibalizing the OEM seats (it is reversible), but the end result is what I'm looking for.

For those that are interested, here is a great video showing step by step on how to install the seats using the Brey Krause system. They install a Cobra Nogaro seat, but the steps are the same with the Recaros.

And here's another video of the GTs going into an E46 M3

How'd your seats turn out?! I'm kind of bummed when you said that it feels as bolstered as the oem seats as I want a seat that hugs me well. Unless you are a skinny dude! Now that i have the CAE shifter, I feel like I need a better seat!
I still haven't installed them yet. I know I'm a bummer. I'll get to it this year some time though.

In terms of the bolster height comment I made, it was literally a first impression and I sort-of/kind-of stand by it?...My opinion might change though; I haven't sat in it since I picked them up.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that they aren't bolstered much — what I'm really saying is how well bolstered the OEM seats are. And honestly speaking, if the Recaro Sportster GT's were any more aggressive on the bolstering, it'd probably annoy me.

Also, there are F80 owners out there that actually have Sportsters already installed. They would be able to give a more accurate opinion on the bolsters compared to me. Dubsesd just got his custom Sportster CS's installed and he believes the bolstering is more aggressive than OEM; so I'd take his word over mine.
Appreciate 0