View Single Post
      12-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
I don't get these "individual" colors that come from a set of selections on the configurator online.

To me individual is when you are having the car painted one of a kind, not when BMW just takes a set palette of colors and says "yeah we're calling these individual and charging $2k for them even though Tom Dick and Harry might pick the same off the BMW website". A true individual color, sure they will need to track it down and stop production etc., and for that a fee is reasonable. These "individual" colors that you pick right off the website right below the regular colors are just the same as the regular colors, I'm sure they are preloaded at the factory ready to shoot just like Alpine White is.

Seems like an asinine way to price a color, there's nothing individual about them other than BMW breaks them out from the regular colors on the website, adds an "individual" header, and charges like two grand for them.
You got it. It's ok we with me if it really signficantly expands the color palette in number of colors usually available and includes unique M colors not available on the F30/F32. I wouldn't be keen on paying $2k for glacier silver even if I would like to have it as a standard choice but if Frozen Silver or San Marino blue for example is available I 'd consider them without anomosity for gauging tactics.
Appreciate 0