Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It started with the E46 ///M3......and hasn't stopped.
Yep, 46M is pretty rowdy. F8X is much more hardcore. E9X was actually much more comfortable/refined than both of the others. E36 was also very smooth.

I think it's ridiculous to call any M3/4 "comfortable". That's just absurd as there are VASTLY more comfortable cars (and to be fair, many much lower performance cars that aren't much better). My wife's 2019 Tacoma rides like a pillow in comparison.... literally soaks up the worst roads with ease. You take an F80 down a really.... I mean REALLY bad road, and it feels like the dashboard is going to explode.

Rather, they offer acceptable comfort relative to the performance they offer. I've been DD'ing M3s for 17 years, starting with the 36 then 46 then 9X then 8X and so I happen to think they're great DDs.

I just call it like it is - they ain't comfortable and not even close to 'perfect'.

Edit: to be fair, my F80 comments are based strictly on the ZCP package with 666 wheels. I've no doubt that a base car with 18s would be considerably less harsh but still nowhere near, say, Toyota Avalon levels of comfort.
The M4 is comfortable to me, and there's nothing absurd about it. How you define comfort is a personal thing. Tight fitting clothes are comfortable to me, but they may not be to someone else. People think Vibram 5-toe shoes are comfortable, but they aren't to me. Comfort, much like style/looks/taste/etc., is 100% subjective. People say a GT3 is an uncomfortable daily driver, but I know two older ladies that daily drive theirs. Must be comfortable to them.
Appreciate 0