View Single Post
      08-02-2023, 12:09 PM   #8
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControlDelete View Post

5) All in all, when I got my current M4 I focused on only the areas with easily perceptible changes and on my driving in general. The driver modifications had the biggest and most rewarding impact on the car (no shocker there)**

I did choose to swap the springs to Swift Spec R, I use lightweight Apex 18x10 wheels with 200TW tires, and I still loose the rear seats/carpets for track days but that’s about it. So my suggestion is to just enjoy the car and learn to become one with it. The weight reduction somewhat helps but on an already light car the impact isn’t as large as you might expect. A proper track alignment, great tires, and good brake pads/fluid are all the car needs.

Hope that helps. Do whatever makes you happy, just sharing my experiences.

**Driver Mod = I am now 1.89 seconds faster at Sonoma in a stock M4 ZCP 6MT, than I was in a M4 6MT Base with the weight reduction and mods I described above. And 1.1 second faster at Laguna Seca.
I could not agree more. The hardest part is modding the driver!

I'd go a step further and say that not modding it will make you a faster driver.
Learning how to deal with soft suspension and lots of weight transfer will aid you later on in your driving progression.
Working hard to beat people that run slicks when you have 200TW tires will teach you how to get more out of the tires.
Figuring out how to take a turn at the speed other cars with aero take it forces you to dig deep. The day you have aero, you will blow past those same cars.
It's hard to have patience, but it's a great way to get fast
Appreciate 3