View Single Post
      01-31-2018, 09:20 AM   #16
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Holy cow. You guys are the BEST. Thank you all so much for the responses. I really, really appreciate it. All the info you all shared was extremely helpful.

I went back at the dealer and asked point blank if they were structuring this "deal" such that they (the dealer) were buying out the lease from BMW FS and selling it back to me. They confirmed that is indeed what they are doing.

So, knowing that...and armed with all the extremely helpful information y'all shared...I'm going to counter with two options:

1) I buy out the lease directly from BMW FS, paying the residual plus tax and handle the title/transfer stuff myself

OR

2) The dealer buys out the lease and sells it back to me at a renegotiated buyout price since they'll likely be getting it at a much lower cost than I would be able to negotiate

I guess I'd also be okay with letting them buy the car and flip it back to me as long as they handle the paperwork and I don't pay anything above and beyond what I would pay if I bought directly from BMW FS. Feels fair...leaves some meat on the bone for them and saves me the hassle of dealing with title/transfer stuff.

Sound reasonable?
Appreciate 1
MadZarBMR712.00