Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 AW

Garage List
2014 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
I'm also actively looking for a used f80 m3.

1. Is the comp pkg worth it on a 2018?
2. Also, is there any significant difference between the 2017 and 2018 models?

I think the cpo cars have a 2-3k premium on them. I have never owned a used car before, so, a bit confused wrt the options. Thanks for the help.
There are TONS of threads regarding comp vs non-comp, and it always seems to be a personal decision.

In my case, there weren't any used M3's in my area with the comp package in the price point I wanted to pay, so I ended up buying without. This wasn't a big deal to me, because I am not a fan of the wheels, and plan on tuning the car. But there are plenty of people that love the wheels and want to stay stock, so wouldn't buy without comp. If I was going to stay stock, I'd want the comp package.

If you want to stay stock, the extra warranty can be attractive to buyers. Personally, I'd have purchased my car without it being a CPO car.

Regarding the differences, the headlights are different on the 2018, and there's a much improved Idrive update on the 2018 models (also on older 2017's). I purchased an early model 2017, so missed out on both these changes, and have a drive shaft that needs to be replaced due to a recall, but I am still happy with my purchase.
Thanks, that sounds like a reason (for me, too) to not pursue a cp car. I had heard from someone that they fixed the exhaust note on the cp and was going to give it a shot. I don't really enjoy the cp seats either.