View Single Post
      02-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #74
Zap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (JZB)

This is definitely food for thought - I think that BMW definitely played a game to get us into the lease, maybe hoping we'd make up for it by buying the car, or dumping it on the back end to get the car off the lot regardless.

The car was old ('17) when we bought it in Spring 2018. The dealership had tons of incentives that made the monthly payment appealing. But that all goes out the window if we go to buy it and it is $5k over the lot price of comparable cars. Effectively it isn't a true discount if it was just stuck on the back end.

My friend used to do the MSD - he complained but he went back. Most people go back. The irony is his F30 lease was a moderately optioned 330 and he was paying more than our loaded 340 with performance upgrades. In most cases, I'm guessing the people paying more use the car less and/or take better care of it. We've babied this car, but I've always been that way with vehicles.

People do not understand write-offs, definitely agree there. I'd agree the M2 probably holds the best value of all BMWs. I am honestly concerned about what will happen to the M2 when the design is revised (IMHO it one few decent looking models being produced). It may make it hold even more value.
Past (6MT) 2007 E92 SG - 2007 E92 MB - 2014 F30 335xi EB II
Appreciate 0