12-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #141
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I could have an opinion about all of the different types of BMWs and post in all sorts of forums here, but I don't. I drive an M3, I am considering buying the new M3, so I only post in E9X and F8X M3 forums. I don't go and post in the 335 forum. I could go to the 335 forum and say how boring the engine is and how the car hasn't changed for 8 years from a performance perspective, but my opinion is useless in that I have no intentions to buy the car. Who cares what I think about the 335, similarly who cares what someone who drives only a lexus SUV thinks about the new M3?

Why I say this is because if you don't own an M3 OR have no intentions to own one, it's impossible for you to understand what it means to own an M3. There are a lot of people here who own the M3 (like myself) for pure joy and driving feel. The steering, engine, exhaust note, flat torque curve, 8400 rpm is what made us buy an M3. We were never in it for pure performance numbers, we didn't care about how long it took for the car to reach to 60mph. If we cared, we'd get a different car to begin with. But you or others coming from cars like 135s or 335s feel differently because to you a car is all about tuning and performance numbers. That's why if you have that background and have no intention to buy the new car, your opinion is irrelevant.

On a side note, this applies to pretty much anything. I will never buy an android phone and I'm happy with my iphone, this doesn't mean I'm going to actively participate in forum threads about how bad the android is. What's the point? If I'm never going to buy it, who cares what I think about it?
You wrote that entire response, yet you failed to address all of the main points that I was trying to make......and you have the comprehension abilities of a 4th grader. Let me address them again because you sound arrogant and pompous. YOU assume that everybody who comments positively or negatively about the ///M3 has never owned one just because it's not listed as their current car, and you simultaneously invalidate the car enthusiast community in general. I've owned 5 M3's dude (..probably 4 more than you've ever owned); the last one - a 2011.5 AW M3 - I just got rid of in May in favor of an 2013 X5 that I modded and sold. So you're essentially telling me that just because I currently drive a 335i, I shouldn't be able to express my opinion because I don't currently drive an ///M3? And to extend that a bit, you're telling the guy who may be just as much of a car guy as everybody else around here, and who may really want to own an ///M3 (..Or not! Maybe he just admires ///M cars or maybe he just admires new tech), but can't financially afford to do so at this point in his life, that his opinion is invalid???! Dude, you have your head so far up your ass that you're talking out of your armpit. Furthermore, when the discussion is about aesthetics, you don't need to be a current or past owner to appreciate or dislike the way a car looks. All you need are a pair of eyes!

To give you just a bit of a break, your 'ownership' statement holds merit when we're discussing topics that only an owner would have a valid perspective about: livability, car quirks/problems, oil consumption, gas consumption, etc. Those are topics that really require first-hand experience, so ownership is a valid pre-requisite to offering an opinion (..at least in my mind).

You're a newer member here, and based on your 'logic' that would suggest that you are also a newer M3 owner as well (..probably just got on the bandwagon in the last couple of years).....because, gasp! ...you wouldn't dare join this forum and discuss M3's unless you were an owner or intending on purchasing the car. The manner in which you rant and romanticize the M3 also makes it quite obvious as well, and you have simultaneously made it easy to discern that your opinion is worth about as much as a buffalo's shit on a nickel (..and that you can't be taken seriously). One minute you're quoted as saying that the BMW ///M cars aren't exotic - but a Maserati is - and that they're "just another BMW"......"just glorified versions of the standard car" (...and in the context of that post you made in your 'Monthly lease' thread, you were suggesting that the M cars aren't really all that), yet you come here and fire breathe and preach on your own pulpit to those who suggest more or less the same thing!???! Which is it? Remain consistent or be quiet.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 12-19-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0