Originally Posted by thanhsayz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
My build is in-works at BMB in NJ.
- spare built motor and head in works
- Kratos EVOs coming in 2 weeks
- Dorch vac pump arrived, core returned
- EU5 injectors in-hand, flow tested by RC

I plan on putting this in a DCT M3 for quarter mile dragstrip use. My goal is to get into the Nines.

I haven't finalized on the DCT build yet since I was planning to build my stick F80 but the motor will be too much for the manual. I already have synchro buzz shifting a 600WHP Paul balls-out tune.
I feel this one. I have about 650HP on a f80 paul e50 flex tune on pure stage 2 + and I cant shift for nothing at high rpm's. I attributed it to the spec clutch, but wasn't sure what was causing it. Can you shift a little lower than redline without issues?
Is your problem this (not just at redline):
- When you floor it hard and then go to shift fast you can't get the stick fully down into 2nd gear…the synchros buzz for a quarter to half second as you pull, THEN you can pull down into gear?
- If you floor it hard, but take a half second to shift there's no problem…

Both of these together show how the MT6 drivetrain gets torqued to the side and the shifter gate goes off alignment, and comes back as the twist eases. The Rogue trans mounts greatly help this problem. The Motul Hi-Torque DCTF also helped help the synchros take the faster shift, or maybe it was just having fresh gear oil.