2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Easy for you to say. How you would feel if you purchased and installed something that was marketed as being a viable solution for the crank hub issue, yet you can still spin your hub? So you spent thousands of dollars to install something that appears worst than the stock setup and you are okay with that?

Blackey asked for just a refund of the parts bought because he lost confidence in Vargas after his VTT turbo and crank hub went out but was denied. He didn't even request labor for installation and removal of their defective parts, towing fees, loss of use, and rental fees.

Dude I run a manufacturing business. I would never let my customers hung out to dry like Tony did. I would have recalled all of the defective products before sh*t hit the fan. That is the industry standard and the right thing to do. Am I going to take a hit because of the defective product I made? Yes, but that is the cost of doing business and making your customers happy. Look at how many angry S55 owners there are in the thread I linked above.

Couple things. I don't know these people. I don't know you, and I don't personally know Tony. What I do know is he seems to be rough to deal with because he lacks some interpersonal skills and doesn't have the finesse that you'd want a talented account manager to have - which is why you hire someone for that, and oh look there's Chris. That being said, I don't know what I'd do in his shoes if a customer wanted me to refund everything when one component failed due to a manufacturer. I'd probably try to do a bit more to salvage the relationship, but I'm probably a bit better at dealing with customers than he is. That being said, he did do a recall, there's the v2. I have it on my car. I hope it works. It seems like they're doing their due diligence now to ensure that it isn't going to be screwed up like the bad batch that was in v1.

Next, as fireohwblow said, there's not a chance in hell that you have a 100% rate with no defects. Zero. You might have a better strategy for QC than he did at the time, sure, but there is always failed parts.
Appreciate 1