Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
that's a screenshot from my SA's laptop taken about three years ago.
you could extrapolate that schedule out beyond 60K miles by going back to the third year and starting over although personally i'd never leave the oil in that long and never have.
also, you ought to consider an appropriate interval for things labeled as "life-time fill" by BMW, bearing in mind that BMW defines "life-time fill" as the life-time of the component (your DCT for example) cooled/lubricated by the "life-time fill", ending when the component ceases to function due to failure to service it, at which point you must purchase a new component from BMW. the new component, however, will of course come with a new "life-time fill", so not to worry.

(stop watch on for hysterical comments claiming DCT never needs service because it's an "automatic".)
so when do you recommend for DCT transmission oil change? Sounds like its a bad idea to let the component fail due to never changing out the oil.
lifted from another similar thread, here's a Blackstone report on a street driven DCT with initial change at 77.6K miles. please read the comments.
everything depends, as it always does, on how the car was driven and by whom, as well as all the variables such as climate and so forth. for example, my car has never been in LC nor will it be because I don't care about drag racing. if even some of the threads on here are to be believed, there will be plenty of DCTs that were in LC every other stoplight.
also, it appears that the findings in this Blackstone report are fairly typical for street driven DCTs.
so here's how I make the calculation: cost of a new DCT vs cost of servicing the DCT = no-brainer.
Bear in mind that most owners likely will only perform this service once during the period they own the car. The undeniable payoff, imo, will occur when you sell the car and are able to produce a Blackstone report like the one attached here. prospective buyer now knows how this car was probably treated (because you've kept receipts for everything else you did to the car) but just as importantly has good evidence that the seller is not a meatball.
so bottom line: my recommendation for DCT service interval would be 75K miles. if you track the car: 40K miles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1