domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
could not fathom how shortening the stroke of the already crap oe sachs shocks would improve the dampening

the springs aren't the problem in the oe setup, it's the shocks

far better option is to put the money towards a complete shock + spring setup imo

or wait and see if the bilstein b16 ddc shocks and coilover kits hit the market as promised in jan 18 - just swapping the sachs shocks out with bilstein b16 ddc shocks (around 2500 in parts) and keeping your stock springs would do wonders for improving the dampening quality - this is something i'm keen to explore

Hey mate,

I am with you, I'm keen to get the bilstein B16 EDC shocks. Are they meant to be released in Jan 18? Who told you that is the release date?
There are 3 edc options from bilstein;

- b4 oe replacement shocks
- b6 oe replacement shocks which are marketed as an upgrade to stock
- b16 coilover kit with b6 shocks and matching springs

I've enquired via US distributor and UK and both said Jan 18 - the delay is around the rear shocks, you can actually buy b6 oe replacement front shocks right now but it's not advisable to run them without the matching rear

Now having said that, bilstein have been pushing back this full release for 18 months now, so the pessimist wouldn't put much faith in that jan 18 release
Appreciate 0