View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #597
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Sometimes you read a long thread and come out wiser. Sometimes you come out with a loss of faith in humanity. Why did I get sucked into reading so many of these posts? Skip 5 months worth of posts and its still the same shit. People with different opinions, passing off their opinions as fact, or as some sort of gospel. Then you get the others attempting to belittle the opinions of others with their superior understanding or enlightenment. Sad.

If I didn't know better i'd think this was a bunch of 18 year old testosterone laden dudes arguing.

There are pros and cons with both engines. The efficiency and instantly available torque of an FI engine are hard to beat. On paper they win every time. On the other hand, the throttle response, linearity, feeling (and sound) of a high revving NA engine give me a feeling that is more visceral, more enjoyable despite the lack of instantly available torque.

I solve this problem with cars that provide me with the best of both worlds. a high revving 9,000 rpm car that I can afford to flog at the track and provides me with the more raw feeling that I enjoy SOMETIMES. And a mildly tuned FI car that is refined, smooth, and provides all the power and efficiency I could want for a daily driver.
Appreciate 0