View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #2407
literbikes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G. Telesto M3 w/SO Stitch

It will not go all the way down. I also almost broke my press trying to push it farther down. You are done if it will not go any further. The inside of the gold install tube is also tapered to resist any further movement. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
For those who DIY'd the HAS kit, were you able to get the front spring seats hammered (or pressed) all the way down so that they were actually touching the gold install tube?

I could only get the spring seats down to about 1mm away from touching the gold tube on both sides. Put the contraption into a bench vise and starting hammering away using Tommy L's method on his youtube. Went down pretty easily till the last 1mm. Hammered for awhile and couldnt get it to move any further. The stickers on the shock were removed and shock thoroughly cleaned to ensure no remaining debris. Shock was also lubed up prior to hammer time.

Maybe i need a bigger hammer or a press... either way the car sits perfectly where i want it and drives fine. Was just curious if others encountered a similar problem.
Appreciate 0