12-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #7
packetpilot
Banned
Rep
Drives: California Packet
Location: Left edge of browser window beneath 'join date' obvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Correct^ That's what I-STEP is for, and if dealer takes your care and notices modules aren't in sync they will flash the whole care to latest I-STEP.

Side note, are you flashing with ICOM with ISTA+ or ISTA/P? Or are you doing this with the E-Net cable?

If with the E-Net cable pretty ballsy, but curious how you did it..

PS: Great job on the coding wiki on GitHub.. Maybe I'll contribute one day once I get the F80
Great info. Didn't realize an I-STEP mismatch woukd prompt that from a dealership--that I-STEP forking alone could be something someone wants to do (or have done) to get latest in a more sanctioned way.

All over Ethernet via ESYS. I have ISTA but not /P. I stated with ESYS and coding a year ago and just got into the flashing updates/conversion realm about 6mo ago. Once I got ICOM emulation via ENET to work but it was painfully slow. ENET seems to be the way forward anyway, but I stress the word 'seems'.

I started with I guide online called "Upgrading ECU's on BMW F11 520d" and caution. Did a lot on my own car and learned a lot via trial and error, intuition, and consulting with the many coworkers at the time who were embedded software/hardware engineers for vehicles (presently aerospace, preciously automotive) and who also had experience with Bosch and Siemens stacks. After months of toiling and experimenting with crazier and crazier things (infineon mini wiggler and a spare MEVD and some thru-hole.magic and CAN analysis over a logic analyzer and, oh, that project went stale...) I was led down strange paths to good lessons learned involving immobilization via rolling-code mismatch and requisite subsequent battery drain, via the hood since I couldn't get to my trunk, with painters stuck to the bottom of the rear view so I'd stop setting off the alarm. Oh, the lessons learned.

After I learned enough lessons I began coding, and flashing, others' cars as a service. It's a good way to meet the local F8X guys, and do the occasional i3 or f10. Thank God for cheat codes, which I hope there will be more quality work put into, hence the cheats in the repo.

The repo is for all F+ BMW's, so feel free to start contributing anytime.

Last edited by packetpilot; 12-01-2016 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
///M Houbi1655.00