12-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #252
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
thats why i hate the new direction. its like the M cars had "pure" engines. now i see all these people coming here talking about tunes and downpipes ETC. things you hear over on the Japanese forums. which ya it not a bad thing, i am sure i would love to drive a tuned GTR. but i always pictured BMW not has a tuner brand. now that every BMW is small turbo engine car, it losses it appeal for me.

guess the times are a changin hahah
Quote:
of course not.

its just seems like everyone is now "tune happy" when talking about the M4. i am on the E92 m3 section of this forum. while people tune and mod there m3s. it was never the selling point of the car. nor when the e92 came out. people were not talking about tuning. same with E46.

its just different now.

(putting aside looks )
like if someone asked you whats better on the F80 over the E90. you would say its faster and you can gain a lot of power with a tune.

if you were to compared E46. you would say you get a highER revving motor with more power stock. no tune talking.

BMW is becoming a tuner brand more than ever. like people here would be upset if there was no room to gain power with a tune..... thats something a E92 or E46 owner never say. because the cars are not tuner cars... nor gain a lot with just a tune.
Quote:
i feel way better when people like you post. my whole thing about M cars is how great they car. not how much can i get with a tune!
Quote:
the C7 is pretty much a updated LS3 engine. GM V8 cars are kind of boring if you ask me. slow revving motors, with a 6200RPM redline. sure the power is there though. if thats all you care about.
Quote:
the S65 is limited to intake and exhaust bolt ons. while you can do a stroker kit it cost a lot of money.

a LS engine. you can do full exhaust, intake, heads and a cam all done at a much cheaper price. also you can even work on the car your self. with the mods i listed you can gain 100WHP over stock without doing any FI mods. all n/a and will cost under 10 grand. you also could do a stroker kit for the z06

my whole thing was about N/A, i wasn't talking about FI.
Somehow your previous comments on tuning and the GM V8 contradicts your latest statements...

Like you just had some comments on how you didn't like the direction BMW had taken with "everyone" talking about the tuneability of their new engines? Now the lack of tuneability is a problem with the S65 and a bonus with the LT1/LS7
Appreciate 0