Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
2020 M4 comp $81,895 MSRP
$1k out of pocket $1030/month with tax at 9.25%
10k year/36month lease
Sounds good to me at $1030 a month if tax is included.
No it isn't. It's an average deal.
This is "average"? Seems pretty good to me for a 2020. I'm getting quotes left & right in the $1100/mo range.
It's not fair to compare fuji apples to red delicious apples, but you can get a 4CS for less than what either of you were quoted. It might be the best deal you guys found, which is fair, but that doesn't make it a good deal.

I'd look into what others are getting quoted for similar MSRP and model year cars then go from there.

Check out residual, money factor, all incentives, and discount from MSRP BEFORE incentives. This is a starting point.

Ideally you'd want at least base money factor, all possible incentives factored in, invoice pricing or lower (before incentives), and max residual (this is out of everyone's hands though since it's determined each month by BMW).

Also, when you post deals, it's difficult to determine if and where you're getting hosed without all the details I just mentioned. Dealerships will usually try to hide most of these details to unaware customers.
Understood. I have scoured the planet looking for this unicorn of a deal on a 4CS. At this point, it simply can't be had. With that being said, it's back to the drawing board and negotiation on a boring ZCP M4 that's apparently going to lease worse then a $100k+ automobile.
You don't need to scour the planet. Just this forum. If you prefer a ZCP over a CS though then none of this is relevant. Keep in mind there is a number of convenience features not available on the CS that some people cannot live with daily.
Yup. That was me. I had a 2018 M3cs deal in the works for $899 a month with just taxes etc etc.... up front with the dealership willing to take my last two 2016 payments. I just didn't want to live without comfort access and rear climate controls (new baby).

So my 2020 is on a boat for PCD in a few weeks. $900 and change a month. Paying more for a 2020 ZCP then a $104K car.
To each their own I guess, but sacrificing overall value in the car just to have Comfort Access and Dual Climate, while also getting less car for a higher payment just doesn't make sense to me. Both features are purely for convenience, so in my eyes as long as the AC blows cold and the buttons on the key fob work, I'll take the value and styling of the CS all day long over a COMP pack.
Well. My deal was on a "family sedan" M3cs which I just can't get past. I want a coupe. Always have always will. Also for me it's a daily driver. I knew it was gonna get real annoying having to pull out the key everyday for 3 years when I've had comfort access for the last 10. Plus no rear climate for my newborn son. Really? So dumb. I can get executive package and a fuckin sunshade in the CS but not these other "conveniences". And I was settling on a color. Not a fan of any of the CS colors.

In reality I was settling on just about everything in order to get to 60mph a little bit faster and some carbon fiber pieces.

That makes no sense. For me.
Makes sense, I totally get it. I'm coming from the standpoint of wanting to have more flexibility when it comes to getting out of the car early. With the CS deals going on, it'll be easier to either sell without a loss or have someone assume the lease as opposed to getting a Comp Package M4 and having to stick with it the entire time, unless you're willing to take a loss. Who knows though, I'm only doing a 2-yr lease on mine and that time will fly by.

If you're keeping the car though, than it's a non-issue.
Appreciate 1