View Single Post
      08-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

tks for the reply. The brake thermal efficiency needs to be view from the sourcing and dissipation. The source is consequence of vehicle mass, speed and tire grip. There isn't to do there as cannot reduce weight substantially or speed or grip. The focus must be on dissipation : the heat generated on fiction between pad and rotor goes to rotors, pads and brake fluid. On brake fluid the titanium shims help mitigation heat propagation from pad. On rotor heat the cooling helps dissipating some of the heat through the air. Adding cooling ducts helps here for sure.
On my case I have already tried shims and brake cooling ... they help but I need more as my rotors are still getting 1400F ....crazy hot.
There isn't much I can do w/o focus on rotor-pad heat there is where some my question on better brake disc with better cooling performance which could improve the overall thermal efficiency of the system by dissipating more heat through the air and lower overall stress on brakes.
In general BBK can withstand higher heat stress but not necessarily lower overall temperature.
Appreciate 0