View Single Post
      12-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #39
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

True, but let's face it, the (American cat in exhaust manifold) e46 M3 sounded really strange, in a cool, yet cheapish and totally bizarre way. The euro manifold sounded way better and of course there were all kinds of great exhausts that made it sound great. The real story in the sound was the intake growl.

Even the e90 had a bit of restricted "ffffftttt" and slight whistle at w.o.t. as witnessed at any hpde. A simple primary cat delete resolves that.... and there's so many great rear sections for the e90 M3 I would be entertained for life when I finally buy one (No car payment is so sweet and allows me to justify track time/tires/brakes).

I think with the F80, once people start getting rid of the secondary cats, and golf tee mod the thing, it will sound awesome. In the vids I posted I heard a faint "WWHHHOOOOSSSHHHH" of a big turbo car, so maybe catless headers will be the way to get a really great sound.

Time will tell. It's an amazing car. Great weight for what it is, big brakes, awesome looks. Imagine if the F30/80 had the same overall length/width of the e90. This bitch would weigh 3200.