View Single Post
      12-25-2018, 01:35 AM   #57
andrewsd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3c

I moved from an f82 to f90 as well, I have no regrets. I've had the m5 for about 5 months.

For a daily it's tough to beat. It's faster than the f8x in nearly every way... the chassis doesn't get upset as easily so it's a more enjoyable street car... and although the m4 has an awesome turn-in the corner exit of the f90 is more fun... to me at least.

F90 felt huge the first couple weeks of ownership, but it hides its weight and size well when you push it on the back roads.

Sounds better, awesome updated interior, and I dropped the back seats and slid a boxed 60inch tv in the trunk... then crushed a Camaro from a stop light while my wife was getting a back massage from the massage seats.

Plus, for $800 you can get it to 700+ HP and break all four wheels loose on a lunch, and run mid 10s.

But the f90 is expensive, it's a different level. And At 37 I appreciate the added comfort and features, but it wouldn't be worth the price over an M4 just for the gained performance. You have to care about the other stuff.

With all that said I loved my m4, it was really fun and can't wait to see what the next gen is all about. Also I think the f8x looks better too.. I love the front end of the m3/4. F90 is a bit too tame up front.

the m4 is a more raw experience, less comfortable, less insulated, DCT, wheel spin all the time, touchy throttle and etc.. to me that's not more sporty, but to some it is. We have great choices with cars these days and are lucky to own an M no matter which one. I bet if I jumped in an M4 I would remember things I missed.. but I don't regret the move. Anyway, all fun cars.
Appreciate 1
zuschnell555.50