Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1973 View Post
Quote:
No regret here. The only thing I regret is paying what I did on the M3 for subpar M performance.

Much happier now...
If only it didn't feel like a casket interior.
After driving it for just a week, that feeling fades. Also the visibility issue is a non-issue if you position your side view mirrors properly, most people have their mirrors too far inward. I also got the 2SS, so it has blind spot monitoring.

The seats and seating positions are so much more comfortable than the M seats and positioning.

The things that most knock about the Gen. 6 Camaro, are just from improperly setting things up.

As far as vehicle dynamics, shock damping, chassis control, stability control systems , traction control systems, and handling limits , the SS 1LE destroys my previous M3 by a big margin.

Hustle a 1LE around some back roads or mountain roads and THAT is what the M3/4 SHOULD have been.
What kind of F8X did you have? I have a 17 F80 ZCP and my wife has an 18 F80. We find them to be much more competent than my 6th gen ever was and I actually feel the opposite as you. (Also we love a four door so there is some bias here to that as well)

What makes me ask this is that there are some posters here such as minn19 who had an older F8X, jumped to an American car, and is now back and has a different view of the newer ZCPs compared to his normal party line (from the little I have gathered from his posts, don't know his reasons just yet, only that the ZCP is an improvement over his older non-ZCP).

If you had a newer ZCP and jumped I can admit that we just may have had different experiences and I wish you all the best. But, at the same time, if you didn't, your comparison is not necessarily invalid and makes a lot of sense when compared to the older F8Xs. Wonder if s newer ZCP would have done it for you.
While I'm sure the BMW has improved upon the suspension tuning some since my 2016 M3 (I moved over to Ohlin coilovers BTW), I do not think it is in the same league as the SS 1LE Magnaride dampers.

You need to keep in mind that the SS 1LE is matching or right there in lap times with the $140k M4 GTS.

The M3 makes a better daily driver , but if you are going on Performance as your main matrix , and while not optimal, need 4 seats thus eliminating 2 seat sports car options , the SS 1LE just puts it all together as a complete package better.

The 6 piston brembo brakes kill the ones that come on the M3 as well.

I loved my M3 until you got it above 7/10ths. And if you are going to drive at or below 7/10th, then just get a standard 3 series , but M cars are supposed to be drivers cars , and they just aren't when driven at 8,9,10/10ths.

At this point though, we can probably just agree to disagree. At heart I'm a Performance car guy first , brand loyal to none.

I drive a car not to get from point A to point B, I drive a car for the experience, the feel, the emotions it invokes.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1973 View Post
Quote:
No regret here. The only thing I regret is paying what I did on the M3 for subpar M performance.

Much happier now...
If only it didn't feel like a casket interior.
After driving it for just a week, that feeling fades. Also the visibility issue is a non-issue if you position your side view mirrors properly, most people have their mirrors too far inward. I also got the 2SS, so it has blind spot monitoring.

The seats and seating positions are so much more comfortable than the M seats and positioning.

The things that most knock about the Gen. 6 Camaro, are just from improperly setting things up.

As far as vehicle dynamics, shock damping, chassis control, stability control systems , traction control systems, and handling limits , the SS 1LE destroys my previous M3 by a big margin.

Hustle a 1LE around some back roads or mountain roads and THAT is what the M3/4 SHOULD have been.
What kind of F8X did you have? I have a 17 F80 ZCP and my wife has an 18 F80. We find them to be much more competent than my 6th gen ever was and I actually feel the opposite as you. (Also we love a four door so there is some bias here to that as well)

What makes me ask this is that there are some posters here such as minn19 who had an older F8X, jumped to an American car, and is now back and has a different view of the newer ZCPs compared to his normal party line (from the little I have gathered from his posts, don't know his reasons just yet, only that the ZCP is an improvement over his older non-ZCP).

If you had a newer ZCP and jumped I can admit that we just may have had different experiences and I wish you all the best. But, at the same time, if you didn't, your comparison is not necessarily invalid and makes a lot of sense when compared to the older F8Xs. Wonder if s newer ZCP would have done it for you.
While I'm sure the BMW has improved upon the suspension tuning some since my 2016 M3 (I moved over to Ohlin coilovers BTW), I do not think it is in the same league as the SS 1LE Magnaride dampers.

You need to keep in mind that the SS 1LE is matching or right there in lap times with the $140k M4 GTS.

The M3 makes a better daily driver , but if you are going on Performance as your main matrix , and while not optimal, need 4 seats thus eliminating 2 seat sports car options , the SS 1LE just puts it all together as a complete package better.

The 6 piston brembo brakes kill the ones that come on the M3 as well.

I loved my M3 until you got it above 7/10ths. And if you are going to drive at or below 7/10th, then just get a standard 3 series , but M cars are supposed to be drivers cars , and they just aren't when driven at 8,9,10/10ths.

At this point though, we can probably just agree to disagree. At heart I'm a Performance car guy first , brand loyal to none.

I drive a car not to get from point A to point B, I drive a car for the experience, the feel, the emotions it invokes.
I test drove the SS Camaro; it's a stunner and out performs the M3 in most performance reviews.

I don't think the M3 of today is what it was at it's inception years past. For thrill driving most are going M4 or M2.

The M3 is the gentleman's sports sedan; Alpha and C63 also same class.

Camaro tilts the scale way on the performance side.

Most who buy Camaros know what they are getting compared to M3, C63 and Alpha

Op congrats
Appreciate 1
zuschnell555.50