View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #377
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I think the chassis, ESP, and M Diff tuning are easily ignored in the CS, and this video nails it. As soon as I drove the CS I knew it was how the F80 was supposed to perform in the first place. It was a dramatic improvement over the non-ZCP for sure, and slightly improved even still over the ZCP. Price notwithstanding, it's such a great car and its a. Dry fun car to toss around.
I test drove the CS (it almost immediately starting hailing) and really wanted to hate it because I have never owned an automatic trans. In 4 miles of test driving it I was BLOWN away and immediately signed the lease. I could not BELIEVE the steering input and overall sense of control I had over the car. I also could not believe this was the same chassis I had put 50k miles on.

My initial fascination with the DCT has perhaps subsided after 2,200 miles and 2 months (it is a much better match for the car). However, I do not regret the decision to get the CS, not even the tiniest bit.

Interestingly (to me at least), for the first 1,000 miles I drove the car almost exclusively in manual mode. Now, I dont even bother, I just let the car shift itself...it does a fantastic job.
Appreciate 4
02M3ForMe4261.50
jmg18703.50
BimmerKay196.50