Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelalex17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It is very unlikely that your rotors are warped. Uneven pad deposit display the exact same symptoms as warped rotors down to the runout being out of spec. Most shops are not familiar with the concept of uneven pad deposit and it is way easier for them to blame it on the rotors and install a new set.
The shop I am going to builds Porsche race cars and initially thought the issue was caused by pad deposits. But no matter what I do the vibration doesn't go away. If I drive around for like a week just going super easy on it no change, if I go out and try to re-bed the brakes no change. The vibration will not go away.

If it is deposits I'm not sure why they won't go away, but equally as important I'm not understanding why it is happening. I have had 6 cars in the past and drive exactly the same and have never had this issue. I know people that drive their M3's harder than me and know people that drive their M3's like grandmas and neither group have had this issue.
Either your pads are overheating, your rotors are overheating, or your pads are getting uneven pressure applied.

Sticking caliper pistons, leaking caliper seals, stuck parking brake, accidentally dragging your foot on the brake without realizing it, not fully disengaging the parking brake, etc.

Start looking for clues. Check all four rotor temps after driving the car normally for a few minutes. Are they scorching hot? Are the wheels themselves hot?

Another consideration is that the ESC and understeer mitigation systems use the brakes. Those systems don't always flash the light at you when the activate, and you can't always feel it. If a sensor is doing something odd or you changed something or your driving style screws with those systems, they could be overheating the brakes without you even realizing they are working. I.e., aggressive and sloppy driving can eat brakes even if you never even touch them. This is *much* harder on brakes than properly driving within the limit when using proper threshold braking technique.
Thank you this is helpful info! I'm just really not pushing the car very hard which is why I'm confused by this. I have driven all of my previous cars in the same fashion and never had any problems. I have a Macan that I drive just as hard and never had a single problem with the brakes.