10-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #57
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Are there any 'leaks' about upcoming MF and residuals, for November 2018?

We've been shopping and dealers are becoming more 'aggressive' with their stale 30-60 day old F80's. Just waiting for the terms from BMWFS leasing to correct itself.
"Terms to correct itself"? What do you mean by that? The Government has been raising interest rates, so expecting them to fall a lot would be expecting BMW FS to buck the rising interest rate trend.

BMW actually HAS "corrected the lease terms" because they had their residuals waaaaaaay out of whack with what the cars really are worth on lease turn in, just to push cars. They were way out of whack before, they are fairly accurate now (but that means that cars are more expensive than they were before).

I totally get the issue that, once you pay XXX for something its only worth XXX to you.. .so if you had a lease deal with a MF of .00130, applied 7 MSDs to it, and got a Residual of 62% for your current ride, then current rates might look out of whack, because the same car will be more expensive.

So, for YOU (and me, and anyone else who leased a car in 2016) the terms look poor. I am hoping BMW throws us some holiday cash in November, but I dont think MFs or RVs will change that much going forward. I dont know though, no one does.

Last year ( for example ), August or September was the best month for leasing, not November / December.
Appreciate 0