View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #659
M3guy3
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
"People" have moved the goal posts of performance since the E30 went out of production and the E36 went into production. It has always been an argument for the outgoing car (..it handles like this, has a motor like that, was raced in this series, etc.), and a tendency to minimize or lambast the incoming car. The E9X's arrival was no different, and it ventured the furthest away from BMW's 'tried & true' ///M philosophy. People act like the arrival of the E9X was met with open arms; it wasn't!
You are totally missing my point. I am not talking about a E9x vs F80. I am talking about the MASSIVE overall push from almost all car companies to reduce engine size and add turbos.

So many cars are getting reduced size and a pair of turbos. Sound and feel are changing.

I like it how today we have both forced induction engines and naturally aspirated. It makes a lot of engine diversity. I foresee a future of MOST performance cars being smaller than todays engines with electric assist/turbochargers.

BMW is now 100% trubo, Audi is going, Benz is going... There is talk of a 4 cylinder M3 coming. If i was making trubo chargers for a living, i would be getting pretty rich!
Appreciate 0