View Single Post
      03-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

As is always the case, before ordering, better to call, email, or online chat if their website offers it.

OP, I can relate to your frustration, but this is a problem across almost the entire aftermarket supplier industry, and I wouldn't necessary single out X-PH for this. Not even considering if the website inventory was wrong, as someone in a different wholesale industry, inventory is taxable, so there's basically no incentive for distributors to have in-stock inventory, rather than just shipping it from the manufacturer when an order is placed or have things made to order.

This isn't always the case, but it took me a few orders from different aftermarket vendors (not any from Bimmerpost though) to realize that in general, this isn't going to change. These companies aren't Amazon, and never will be. The days of buying mass amounts of inventory for the entire product catalog with huge overhead are over, so as customers, whether we like it or not, the least frustrating thing to do is just adapt to the new way of doing things by having a conversation with the seller first. I don't love it either, but it's the least annoying way to know everything up front.

With that said, I've worked with Mike and X-PH in the past multiple times, and he's gotten me sorted out and in contact with the right people when my order didn't arrive as expected, so I know he has good intentions.

Again, not saying your frustration isn't justified, but just something to consider for the future so all works out the best for you next time!
Appreciate 0