08-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #37
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightz71 View Post
I am going to argue many e46 owners are going to jump back in a M4 if they missed the E9X M3 boat.

I owned a 2003 LSB M3 6-spd but could not bring myself to love the E9X. It was extremely disappointing to me upon release. Dumbed down fenders, odd hood bulge, odd front bumper (not a smile, but a frown). I couldn't stand the taillighs the most, how the center trunk lights line up with the top, not the bottom of the outer light. It's a extremely fast car but that was it - much more boring to drive vs the e46 (no connection, no feeling). Similar to what e36 owners complained about when the e46 came out. Over time the car started to grow on me, and I would of picked one up (even with all the drawbacks IMO, I like modern cars) but got into the real estate thing last year.

I personally cannot with for this car, IMO it's back to e46 like roots with the latest and greatest technology! I will definitely pick one up.
funny i totally disagree with your views on the e9x m3. Although i love the E46, and can agree with you on how much of a great car it is.

I think the E46 m3 and e92 m3 engines share the same goal. both small engines that are N/A high revving. thats more of a M engine to me. So i wouldn't say its right back to roots.

but I love the e92 M3 looks. To me its got a mean looking face and aggressive body. i think the hood bulge adds something cool to it also. I love seeing that thing while driving. love it or hate it i guess.

although the e46 m3 is also a good looking car! i would never say one is not good looking.
Appreciate 0