View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #6
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Yes, because that's the way 99% of people install it and 3M VHB can hold 400 ounces per inch.

Let's be real, trunk spoilers are a mostly cosmetic piece, weigh next to nothing, and aren't under tremendous aero loads even on the track.

I have no qualms about you attaching your spoiler the way you see fit, but to suggest that it's "irresponsible" to secure one with 3M tape is on the brink of ridiculousness.
In a world of folks doing things perfectly, than they will behave perfectly. But I've handled too many cars with DIY applications and rarely are they what I would consider truly secure. Not only is the paint mangled under DST installations due to debris finding a way in and never out, but anything short of a perfect seating of a part results in a less secure adhesion. DST is terrible at filling voids.

If someone finds DST acceptable, I'm not attempting to twist arms to stop them. But here's a method that is the most secure imho and without drawbacks(aside from possible ability to install small sections of PPF). It's there for anyone who would like to try it.