View Single Post
      09-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #12
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Turning the rotors will not do anything good unless the rotors are warped, which would almost certainly create an issue all the time.

This is most likely an issue with pad deposits, which is almost certainly a pad issue. Unless it becomes alot more frequent, I'm going to live with it. Here's a more detailed description of what happens:

1. You drive around aggressively (on the street/back roads for me) and work the brakes a bit. By no means to track levels, but enough to put some heat into them.

2. Braking is fine.

3. At some point, you initiate a higher speed braking event. Perhaps 70mph-30mph. As you begin braking at 70mph, braking feels fine. However, this is putting alot of heat into the brakes and maybe around 55mph a sudden and strong emergence of vehicle shudder comes on.

4. It is not ABS, which would be pedal shudder, but instead a shudder that is a result of you braking but feels like the tires themselves are squirming. It is constant while you continue braking and you feel it strongly in the pedal and steering wheel.

5. You let up braking and maybe it happens a bit next time you brake, or maybe it's gone altogether. Within a short period of brake cooling, it's gone altogether.

When it occurs, it feels like very even brake deposits. Again, I'm basing this off it happening very distinctly maybe 4x total. It's not a warbling or on-off-on shuddering, it's just a sudden-onset constant wobble. First time it happened, I thought I had a flat or something....