04-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #95
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
just be extra careful every time you change out your wheels.
Amen to that. I've been telling my dealership to be extra careful every time I've had them switch my tires. And thanks for the tip on the wheel hanger!!! I've been looking around for something and came up with goose eggs. Turns out "hanger" was the word I was missing.

Burgermotorsports has a handy $10 tool that I ordered. This is a link to it if anyone else is interested.

http://burgertuning.com/wheel_hanger_pin_BMW.html

I was also thinking about draping a few wet clothes on the top of the rotor to protect it during tire changes. Have you seen anyone do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
the fact is the steel brakes work well on this car and you have the usual myriad of pad choices to compliment the type of environment you want to be driving in. what choice do you have on ceramics?
I think one of the attractions of the CCB's is that the pads work well enough to not have to worry about different options. You can drive to the track, drive around the track and then drive home without having to do swap anything.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

This will be more attractive to some than others. It certainly is nothing to get hung up about.