View Single Post
      12-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #105
thedragonseven
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Alpine White M6 Gran Coupe

One thing is clear, we all love our bimmers...and even more so our M's.

There will be an M for everyone, (e36 if you want it, e46 if you want it, e92 if you want it, and now the new blood).

I've been fortunate to have 2 e36 M's, 3 e46 M's (including the comp), and an e92 M.

For each iteration there were always haters of the new and loyalists to the old. And over time, some things grow on you and you start to like the new (I did at one point think the the e46 was the peak).

As for turbo engines, you give up the sheer thrill of building to high revs and getting that linear acceleration.

But you get the peak torque around 1500-2500 which is where life exists in city driving and rush hour traffic.

The V8 of the M3 and the V10 of the M6 really are the pinnacles for me personally - but I cannot argue with the effortless high speed plow I get now with my M6 GC - and the amazing rush it evokes from everyone whom is in the car enjoying it with me.

It's not worse, it's not better, it's just different. And so too will be the new turbo 6.

I say we just continue to enjoy what we enjoy, have our cake, and eat it going 162mph (personal best).
Appreciate 0