MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
I agree with larryn , it appears a problem with your car vs a systemic issue. Question is what exactly is the problem.

I also agree with darge82 That you may want to request a BMW Engineer, escalate the issue with BMW.

I doubt this is a issue, more of a dealership doesn't know what the issue is and how to fix it. I wouldn't have regret on the suspension bro. BMW will fix it, its just the right people need to get involved.

You will have your track car back.
I'm fearing more cars will have issues as more and more owners start tracking their cars hard. I got mine last August and have tracked it about 8 times, didn't start to have problems til the last few track days. I do think it's something small causing this, they just can't pinpont it yet.

Good thing I have my reliable E36 track car too or I'd be really annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
How's your alignment?
Alignment is perfect, I made small adjustments for the track, but the code came up before I made those adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Sucks this happened again bro. Mine hasn't come back, but I haven't tracked my car. I'm wondering if I should take mine to the track and really push it.

I agree that it seems like an issue particular to your car. [In general, the F8X has been pretty solid IMO, first year model or not] I don't blame BMW for doing the least expensive/cheapest/easiest thing first; I'm sure it's part of their algorithm. It just becomes a rather huge annoyance for you. At this point, I'd think it's time for BMW to throw everything and the the kitchen sink at it and get it fixed. GL, and keep us updated.
Agree, I'll keep everyone posted. When I dropped it off with last time, I told them to take their time and get to the root cause. I didn't take a loaner and didn't bug them at all while they had the car for 10 days.
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0