BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Mo checked and as of yesterday it wasn't on the list but who knows? I DO NOT want to give up my car for an extended period of time. If it's just noise I will drive the thing till they get the parts in. I've already had to give up my M once in the first 3 weeks of ownership and I don't want to do it again.
Agreed. If it's noise, whatever...give it back, I'll drive it until they have the parts.

However due to a stop delivery, I can't imagine it's just noise. Seems serious.

Also, genius said letters will be sent out via certified mail to the affected customers. He stated that they only have very general information right now. No anticipated time frame for a fix or what the actual issue is.
Sheesh....thanks for the heads up, I'll be checking my mail. Hope they get this resolved ASAP.

Seems strange nobody can say what the issue is. As far as something serious I've seen a few members state it's illegal for BMW to release cars when there's a known defect, even if it's noise, which hopefully it's something small like that.

And yes if people are with out their cars they are paying for id expect compensation from BMW in the form of them covering monthly payments. I understand things are out of their control but we are the customer and are paying for a product, we expect that product to perform.
Appreciate 0