ocbeemer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

S55 PCV system problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricio Garrido View Post
Hello, my M4 2014 starting make same engine noise. Anybody with same trouble and resolved ?

Same thing happened to my 2015 M3! Here is mine sound and explanation to the fix..

This is a video of the loud squeal I was getting from my S55 engine. After taking it to a local performance shop, I was able to find out that it was the PCV system instead of a pulley like I originally thought. The sound got better at higher RPM and was repetitive based on engine RPM so that pulley was my original assumption.

After getting it looked it at, turns out it was the PCV system which seems to be an issue on a lot of different BMW engines. In my case, the valve cover houses a PCV valve that ended up tearing which usually causes either vacuum or overpressure. Mine ended up causes an overpressure in the system which found relief by blowing out the rear main seal on the engine.

Needless to say, quite costly repair as needed a new valve cover and rear main seal. Not the most expensive parts, but the labor is fairly extensive so ended up costing me over $2K.

I hope this video helps you get the answers your looking for to fix your squeal!
Appreciate 0