View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

My unique approach (imho) to installing a trunk spoiler

There are plenty of videos showing how to install a trunk spoiler. But between the 3 primary paths folks use, double-sided tape, using hardware and epoxy (and I suppose folks use combinations of those 3), there is at least one thing about each I don't care for.

·Double-sided tape: Does anyone seriously believe double-sided tape is a truly responsible means to secure an aero part for higher speeds? Even if someone does, that's a no-go for me. I'll save the video of it flying off and injuring some innocent bystander or other driver for some Russian dashcam video. (no insult is intended when I say this but this is my honest .02)

·Hardware: There's no chance I am drilling into a trunk lid. Secure, yes. Reversible, not really.

·Epoxy: Epoxy's are amazing for securing to parts together but the reversibility ranges from "not a chance", to "it can come apart but you'll probably damage the paint along the way".

For me to be happy the part must:
A) be responsibly secured
B) be aesthetically pleasing
C) reversible

The following video shows the step-by-step process I used to secure the spoiler in a way which accomplish all 3 of those listed must-haves.

Hope y'all enjoy it!

Kev608180.50