Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Yep, a truck motor-powered car is faster than your E90 M3. U MAD BRO?
Actually yes I am.

I'm mad because I loved my Euro Deliveries, love the idea of getting another generation of M car, and loved the amazing, soulful, bespoke engines BMW M was offering. I'm mad all that is gone.

I'm not a fan of turbo lag, tuned non-M engines being passed off as "M-Power", pedestrian sounds augmented with the stereo (LOL) or short shifting at 5500 RPM, all of which are realities of the new Ms.

Mad it's faster? Heck no. I'm embarrassed and surprised it's not faster than it is. Like I said, the diesel Audi was dominating LeMans. Didn't make me want a diesel "performance" car either.

I WANTED to want the new M3/M4.
Dude, it may be time for you to move past M. You seem way too agitated and stressed over this car, and you haven't even driven it. It's not worth it. There are too many choices. Cars should bring joy, not stress. I had an E92 M3, and I'll bet that everything on the new ones will be as good, if not way better. It will sound different, but it's just different. Who defined the sound of a low torque, NA engine as the best? No one. It's just what we are used to. All that extra power with a better chassis will be addictive.

Did you stress out when you lost your keyboard when iPhones took over. I'm guessing you did. Tech evolves and generally found to be better once the fear of change subsides. BMW has made the biggest change in the M3 family ever - it will be looked back upon on the future with great fondness. They new the change to turbos, electric steering, etcetera would be highly scrutinized. As such, they had to make a bigger performance change than with any prior generation. Plus, they had to make room for the M2. From the reviews, which are superb, the consensus is about as high as you could expect. Don't over amplify each little niggle. They all have to say something negative. If amplified all of the positives with the same gain as you apply to the negatives, you might just stroke out with joy.
Appreciate 0