Originally Posted by Skiy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0ff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0ff View Post
Problem is your rear tire compound.

The vette ZP cup 2 is a super sticky, fast warming co pound. The rear connect is a more tamed down version of it which does not have the same ultimate grip and warmup characteristics.

Try looking for a 305 or 315 in 19" from a mustang 350r or GT.
The mustang 305 is as wide as the vette 285.
Suggest the 315 to match your front.
Compound and warmup is almost identical to the vette tire

How I know: I spent last season tearing Cup2s on my lapping car, I delaminated about 12, tried about 20 in all.

Good luck
The one that i got for rear was from a mustang gt350. Not sure if r or not. I think its from the R. The guy said he got the performance set of wheels and this one was from the front. Its the 180 thread wear and not the newer 240. It actually is the track connect version and not just the connect one. Is this the correct gt350r tire that your talking about?
Pics of what i have
This is a pic of 8/20 tires from last season

The top 4 are 285zp vette like yours
The bottom are 305 98y mustang like you need, there is also a 315 which comes on some mustangs which looks like the 305s & 285zp

The 305 you now have in the rear is a tamed down version of the sticky 305 98y which comes on the mustang 350r I'm quite sure
Just double checked and mine is the 102y version but 180 tw. What tw is the 98y?
98y is the one like in my pic is also a 180 I believe, but almost semi slick.
102y like on the proche is like the one you have… it's different, both compound and sidewall.

I assure you the problem you are experiencing is the rear tire.

That 102y 305 only works well on Porsche, I never liked It on my m4 on track, always weirdC always loose and tricky