View Single Post
      01-12-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
Xer0449
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' Evo GSR

I was torn on chiming in here as I had such a great experience with Ken (Wedge himself) when building my N55 PS2 e82. We broke a lot of barriers together and were able to push the platform forward a little bit when it came to DI only tuning.

Ken was respectful, called me to discuss the process, and we stayed in touch for a long time after. I even pushed a few of my N54 friends to go with him, which they did and were incredibly happy with the experience & results.

So when I picked up my F80 it was a clear no-brainer decision to go with Wedge. I was bummed to learn that it wouldn't be Ken tuning my car this time, and that it would instead be somebody new on the team who Ken appeared to have had great confidence in.

My experience echos what OP posted above, although I don't have the same troth of patience and just considered the money wasted after just a few 91ACN revisions.

For context, my car isn't anything special. Standard bolt-ons on a stock turbo/fuel system (and at the time with the MHD ECA)

Switched out to the PTF ECA and have been running MultiMap Stage2 with flex enabled since.

I really hope the situation changes for the better because as I've said: Ken is an awesome dude.

tl;dr: Maybe the new tuner just doesn't have it with S5x or M/T cars? Who knows. I'm sorry Wedge, I love you but this ain't it and I can no longer in good faith recommend your services for S5x, which really breaks my heart.

When I consider a custom tune again, I'll be looking elsewhere.