Patronus86
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90beemerfan View Post
Discussing which car is better is a very subjective measure.

The point of this thread wasn't to claim that one car is better than another...I simply said that BMW M cars offer better packages (performance, interior, quality, feel, ect.) for their sell price, better than what ferrari and porsche offer for their sell prices. In other words, as good as the ferrari 458 and porsche 911 gt3 are, and even though they outperform BMW M Cars, I think they are way overpriced.

Quote:
If money is of no issue, you will have several cars to cover different needs. In this case you take the car you feel for there and then. I would certainly place a Ferrari 458 or F430 in my garage if I could afford it… I have driven the F430 spider and know the difference compared with a M3 E92. The M3 is a great machine, but the feel of driving a Ferrari is in a different league.
Quote:
Price is no issue in this category mind you.
Just because money may not be an issue for some people and they are able to buy a ferrari 458 doesn't mean that said car is not overpriced. There are a lot of factors that go into determining what a product will sell for on the market, and profit margins are amongst the more influential of those factors.

A ferrari 458 does not cost $233k to manufacture, prep and transport to the customer. A large portion of that MSRP is based on the company's desire to net a profit. Everyone, including BMW and Ford and even Kia, does this when figuring MSRP's for their cars...it's how capitalism works. I'll contend, however, that certain companies, like Ferrari and Porshe, do this to a greater extent than the others because they cater to a specific consumer group (the wealthy) and they know they can get away with it.
Appreciate 0