Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Don't have much input in terms of DV...

Awhile back my wife's X5 got rear ended. The other party admits fault. The damage is purely on the trunk but the lower trunk and the bumper needs replacing. 6K in repair. I have Geico as well, and when I inquire about DV, they basically bluff me off. For me, I didn't bother pursuing, since it's a lease, but I can totally see your point. It's like why do we have to put up with this, since for sure it does affect the value when you do go sell it.

However, I think it's difficult to prove that unless you are actively trying to sell. Please report back later how it turns out, I have heard instances that it's difficult to get DV. However, supposingly you should be able to rent a similar type of vehicle while it's in the shop, just that it may not be easy to rent one realistically. Geico wasn't particularly helpful, they at the end ask me to pay out of pocket for rental first, and then give me the opposing insurance and they cut me a check directly. Now, with both parties being Geico, you may just double check. FYI, you can rent nicer vehicle at a place called SIXT (they have a branch in SJC, probably should be in OAK and SFO too).

Good luck, sorry to hear this, I had couple accidents in the household last year, but just find a good shop to get it fixed and don't overthink it too much. Keep good record of your repair, at least you can show future buyer that you treat your car seriously and got it fixed at a very reputable shop...
If it's a lease then guaranteed that BMWFS goes after the other parties insurance for a DV claim. They use a third party firm called Goldfein. It will be paid to BMWFS and you won't even know it. BMWFS also will not lower the buyout price even though they collect the DV payment. Good reason to never buyout a lease if you had even a minor fender bender.
Appreciate 0