View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #56
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I'm laughing at the $600/month lease price.

Go for it - bring it home. Dare ya. Whole bunch of crap has to happen
1. Car has to be punched as a loaner (BMW is already in trouble for that) - oh and this means your warranty started when they punched it.
2. Car has to be discounted way below cost, plus the $4,250 lease credit.
3. 57% residual and my back of the napkin says $700/month ish - without interest, lease init fees, tax, title, whatever... So pony all that up. In fact, I can get $600 a month with enough money down - which you should NEVER do on a lease.
4. and if you live in a wintery area, don't forget the snow tires..

The M3CS people had a very high priced MSRP (residual is based on that), massive BMW support, AND dealers who were willing to take a huge loss on a car they could not move.

We aren't there with the X3M yet..
All depends on how loaded an X3M you want. I had a deal on a X3MC with an MSRP of $82,695 with $5250 in rebates plus 9k off. With 3k down it was $836 a month. They had a regular X3M with an MSRP of $78,495 which would of been in the mid 750s for payment. Get a regular X3M with just paint and exec would crack the high 600s and get base and you are in the mid 600s. Very off the cuff math of course and you are correct you need to get snows if you live in a northern climate. I priced out sets from 2-2500 on Tire Rack.

So close to $600 on the dot? I agree isn't realistic without a decent more down. But with just startups down you can get a very decent lease payment now on these. My dealer was telling me that no dealers want them and BMW is kind of forcing them to take some for lack of a better term. My dealer currently has 6 in stock and I think more on the way with none of them moving. So, I'm guessing we are going to see M3/4 CS like deals on these in the not to distant future unless something changes quickly.

Also, I don't think dealers were losing a lot of money on the CS deals as BMW stepped up with a ton of trunk money etc to move them from what I heard.
Appreciate 0