09-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #42
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS_KW automotive Germany View Post

Our V1, V2, V3 and DDC aren't developed for using our KW Unibal Topmounts because this coilover kits with progressive springs are developed for sporty driving on roads.

The main focus of KW Competition and KW Clubsport Kits are racing on racetracks. Here we use linear racing springs and topmounts.
This is very interesting. The progressive springs are quite soft. I consider my car a daily driver. I will only track maybe 8 times a year. But I enjoy a dynamic car on the road. I don't want floaty or bouncy.

I have an X6M and it is very comfortable. When I drive the M4, I want performance. I find the ClubSport 3 ways very streetable.

The faster you drive, the smoother they are. In fact at speed, they are more comfortable than stock. But not when driving really slow. Then you feel how stiff they are. Good thing, I drive fast most of the time : )

Prior to doing the suspension, I upgraded all the software. M4 GTS Diff, and DCT and Steering, and I also did the Comp Pack EDC.

Steering is a huge improvement, worth the cost alone. Gear changes are far smoother. No clunking into reverse. The car was instantly more refined, felt way more like the ZCP. In Efficiency, and Sport the EDC were nice with the upgraded ZCP software. However in SPORT + it went from skippy and harsch to bouncy. I never used to use it as it was way to harsh before. Then after the upgrade, I still never used it, as it felt like a poggo stick.

It's gone altogether now with the KW EDC delete, and I like just having one Setting with KW CS 3-way....FAST!