View Single Post
      11-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #10
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
It's your data but uncorrected numbers are totally useless. Ambient temperature and barometric pressure changes result in huge uncorrected variances.
The S55's ECU makes adaptation for ambient and barometric. SAE J1349 (the topic for correction factors) directly says not to apply correction factors when this is the case. You've been misinformed, please download and read the standard before making such a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Amazing results! Its awesome that your tuner too got a crack at making a custom tune with BM3! I had no idea that was already possible?
I've seen him work on many other cars, he can read tables directly and knows what to make changes to. He's offered to flash tune before but it would mean pulling the ECU for each revision, a major PIA. bootmod3 enabled us to just have him write a tune, flash, test, and repeat. Being in the shop with him was how we were able to do 4 iterations in 4 hours.

This is going to be huge for the ugpraded turbo guys. I wish I had some Pure Turbos to be writing a ECU flash for.